Constance Stay Safe | Reinforced Sanitary Protocol Read More
Constance Hotels and Resorts proudly present the 10th edition of Festival Culinaire Bernard Loiseau. One dedicated week for culinary stars; where they will be sharing their passion, values, love of cooking as well as discovering local products and different expertise.
For the past 10 years, Constance Hotels and Resorts and Relais Bernard Loiseau have ignited the flame of creativity, innovation and dedication. During this marvelous journey, a relation of respect and sharing has flourished and a competition synonymous to a convivial feast has allowed professionals with the same passion to meet and work together.
This grandiose event has been taking place at Constance Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius since 2006 and this year, we will see the Chefs à l’œuvre from the 21st until the 28th of March 2015.
Every year, six guests European Michelin starred Chefs team up with an island chef for a week of culture, skills and knowledge sharing!
The aim of the contest is the creation of two dishes with pre-selected basic products and originality when it comes to the remaining ingredients.
Each team work together for five days with the first day spent sourcing local products/savour from the local market situated in Flacq. The following three days are then used to develop, master techniques and propose a menu that will wow the judges.
The results of the competition are then announced at an exceptional Prize Giving ceremony.
The 10th edition calls for innovation – Each participating European chef holds 2 stars in the Michelin guide. Showing that the level of culinary expertise has mounted and the event would be even more special! During the 2015 edition, the teams will stay together right until the very end of the contest whereby the 2 European Michelin-starred Chef will act as a coach. This year Constance Hotels and Resorts is also giving one of their guests an exclusive opportunity to become a member of the jury.
The 2 Michelin starred Chefs are:
1. Martin Obermarzoner – Chef of Jasmin Restaurant, Hotel Bischofhof, Klausen, Italy
3. Denis Feix – Restaurant Il Giardino, Columbia hotel, Bad Griesbach, Germany
5. William Frachot – L’Hostellerie du Chapeau Rouge, Restaurant William Frachot, Dijon, France
6. Alexandre Bourdas - Restaurant SaQuaNa, Honfleur, France
International culinary personalities that make up the Jury panel.
* Mrs Dominique Loiseau who will preside once again over this prestigious event
* Mr Patrick Bertron, founder member and 3 starred Michelin Chef at Relais Bernard Loiseau
*Mr Cyril Lignac from France, renowned Michelin chef
*Mr Poh Tiong Ch’ng from China, wine critic and wine specialist - The Wine Review,
Chinese Bordeaux Guide and Chinese Cuisine and Wine
* Mr Andreas Larsson from Sweden, world’s best sommelier in 2007
* Mr Orjan Johannessen from Norway, Bocuse d’Or 2015