Constance Stay Safe | Reinforced Sanitary Protocol Read More
More than a culinary competition, Festival Culinaire Bernard Loiseau is a
celebration of passion and creativity.
Reassembling 11 chefs from 8 different countries for a 14-star gastronomic week at
Constance Belle Mare Plage and Constance Le Prince Maurice, this very coveted culinary event
goes beyond food and wine!
To be able to understand the depth of this annual event, here’s a peek at last year’s edition:
This year's edition starting on the 25th of March until the 1st of April will be even grander-
With lively competitions and swarming with culinary stars.
The culinary festival programme goes as follows for the participants, sponsors and partners:
A wine pairing dinner at Blue Penny Cellar with Delas wines and Chef Marc de Passorio will signal the beginning of the festival.
The 26th will be a relaxed and educating Sunday as breakfast will be followed
by three exciting events:
- Draw of the six teams at Blue Penny Cellar
- Visit of the Flacq local market
- Lunch at ‘Chassé of Constance’- Discovery of Mauritian Culinary tradition
Bustling Monday 27th, a tight and impressive schedule:
- Presentation of the event sponsors in Conference room
- 11h30 to14h00: Cooking Show with Farah Quinn (Asian Style) at Indigo restaurant
- 14h00: Constance Sommelier Competition at the Deer Hunter restaurant
- 15h00: “Roche Carri” presentation in the main kitchen
-To sums up the busy Monday, a special dinner at La Spiaggia restaurant
by Frédéric Bau, head pastry chef and one of the founders of The Valrhona Chocolate School in France.
Tuesday 28th March, learn to cook like Mercotte with an exclusive cooking class at
- 14h30 to 16h00 Constance Le Prince Maurice’s Archipel restaurant
- 18h30: Opening cocktail at Indigo restaurant
- 20h30: Opening dinner orchestrated by Chef Frederic Goisset at the Blue Penny Cellar
Expect a rise in temperature as we reach Wednesday 29th March, nicely packed with decisive competitions:
- 11h30: Constance “Arts de la table” Competition at Blue Penny Cellar
- 16h00: “Café Gourmand” Nespresso Competition at Blue Penny Cellar
- 18h30: Constance Cocktails Competition at the Main Bar
- 18h00: Briefing of jury members before the Competition day
- Special dinner orchestrated by Chef Orjan Johannessen, Bocuse d’Or 2015
at Deer Hunter restaurant.
- Special dinner by 2* Michelin Chef, Patrick Bertron at Archipel- Constance Le Prince Maurice
Thursday 30th of March, make way for the D-day
- 12h30 to 14h15: Final Competition at Blue Penny Cellar
- Valrhona Buffet at La Citronnelle restaurant
- Special dinner by 3* Michelin Chef Eckart Witzigmann at La Spiaggia Restaurant
Special dinner at Le Barachois restaurant for all Festival Culinaire Bernard Loiseau’s participants hosted by
the General Manager of Constance Le Prince Maurice
Calm Friday 31st
- 11h00 to 13h00: Cooking class with Patrick Bertron at Constance Le Prince Maurice’s Archipel Restaurant
- 8h30 to 13h00: “Hermé & Valrhona” Pastry Competition at Blue Penny Cellar
- Six hands dinner at Deer Hunter restaurant orchestrated the three 1 Michelin Star Chefs
Perfect Saturday ending, 1st of April will see the proud winners lifting their well-deserved trophy
- 11h30/13h00: Cooking Class with Mercotte & Frédéric Bau at the conference room
- 18h30: Prize giving ceremony and closing cocktail in the hotel’s main garden
- 21h00: Gala dinner orchestrated by Constance Hotels and Resorts’ Chefs
at Deer Hunter restaurant
To conclude the edition, all guests are invited to dance the night away!