If you're looking for a tasty dish to refresh your tastebuds after the festive season, try this delicious paella from the kitchens of our Constance Halaveli Resort.
- ½ litre fish stock
- ½ litre chicken stock
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 3 bay leaves
- Pinch saffron
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 12 fresh mussels in shell, cleaned
- 12 fresh clams in the shell, cleaned
- 3 fresh calamari tubes, cut into rings
- 12 large prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 4 tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup black olives, stones removed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 6 lemons
- Heat the 2 stocks together and keep warm
- Heat the olive oil in a paella pan (or large non-stick saucepan) on low heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes until opaque. Add the bay leaves, saffron and wine. Continue to stir until the wine is reduced by half. Add the hot stock one ladle at a time, stirring occasionally. Allow the stock to reduce before adding more.
- When the rice is ¾ cooked (about 8-10 minutes) add the mussels and clams. After 2 minutes add the other seafood and the chicken, and cook until the chicken and fish are cooked and tender.
- Remove the heat and bay leaves. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Fold in the butter and olives.
- To serve: sprinkle with the parsley and hard-boiled eggs cut into wedges. Squeeze a couple of lemons over the top and garnish with the remaining lemons cut in quarters.