Top chefs, including three Michelin star-holder Patrick Berton and two Michelin-starred Eyvind Hellstrom, are lined up to judge the nail-biting culinary competition which runs from 30 March – 6 April 2014.
A selection of the world’s finest chefs will be present to cook alongside our island chefs with the challenge of creating an award-winning menu from local produce.
Michelin star chefs at this year’s festival:
Mirto Marchesi - Relais & Châteaux le Chalet d'Adrien
- La table d’Adrien restaurant
- Verbier, Switzerland
Jacob Holmström - Gastrologik Restaurant
- Stockholm, Sweden
Nicolas Masse - Les Sources de Caudalie - La Grand’ Vigne restaurant
- Bordeaux-Martillac, France
Tim Allen - Launceston Place
- London, England
Jens Rittmeyer - Budersand Hotel - Golf & Spa - Sylt - Restaurant Kai 3
- Hörnum, Germany
Judges of this year’s festival include:
• Dominique Loiseau – President of the Jury
• Patrick Bertron – Chef of the Relais Bernard Loiseau
• Eyvind Hellstrom – chef and formerly part owner of Bagatelle restaurant, a two-Michelin-starred restaurant in the city of Oslo and frequently judge of Bocuse d’Or Europe
Guests at both Constance Belle Mare Plage and Constance Le Prince Maurice can also get involved throughout the week with cooking classes and special menus created by the visiting chefs and the thrilling prize-giving ceremony.
Highlights for guests include:
• Special dinner at Le Prince Maurice on 31 March orchestrated by Chef Hellstrom
• Cooking class hosted by Chef Hellstrom at Le Prince Maurice on 1 April
• Special three stars dinner at Belle Mare Plage on 2 April created by Chef Bertron
• Special dinner orchestrated by Chef Luc Mobihan, winner of the 2013 edition at the Deer Hunter restaurant on 3 April
• Cooking class hosted by Chef Bertron at Belle Mare Plage’s Blue Penny Café restaurant on 4 April
• Six stars dinner by the Michelin starred Chefs at the Deer Hunter restaurant, Belle Mare Plage on 4 April
The week will climax with a cook-off on the final day in which the island chefs will need to put into practice all they have learnt from their Michelin-starred mentors to create the winning menu.